Infrastructure Workgroup?

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 02:49:25 AEDT 2018

Based on some recent discussion in this area, I'm contemplating
forming an Infrastructure workgroup. The focus would be on improving
our CI infrastructure and the scripts and tools around it.

There's been a lot of great community effort already around our CI
build scripts.

Some thoughts on goals:
- Documenting the existing flow
- Alternatives to existing flow (ability to use freely provides clouds
for open source projects, ...)
- Managing the Jenkins nodes - Bringing new nodes online quickly
(chef, puppet, ansible?)
- Managing and optimizing the CI flow (repository CI, meta CI, openbmc CI)
-- Which systems do we build?
- Process for adding hardware CI (mechanism for individuals to add HW
CI to gerrit commits)
- Optimizations to existing scripts (docker building, CI, QEMU)
- Gerrit, Jenkins, and build node periodic update process
- Overall maintenance and responsibilities for infrastructure

Thoughts or interest?

Andrew