help: OpenBMC host power on from power button press

A, Maheswari maheswari.a at atos.net
Mon Oct 29 23:05:38 AEDT 2018

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.

I am able to power on the Host by monitoring GPIO using “phosphor-gpio-monitor” service.

But still we need to achieve same result by org.openbmc.buttons.Power at 0.service<mailto:org.openbmc.buttons.Power at 0.service> in future.

Here is the response :

# systemctl status org.openbmc.buttons.Power at 0.service<mailto:org.openbmc.buttons.Power at 0.service>
● org.openbmc.buttons.Power at 0.service - Phosphor Power Button0
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/org.openbmc.buttons.Power at .service; indirect; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

hwmi~# ps | grep button_power.exe
1205 root      3100 S    grep button_power.exe
hwmi:~#

button_power.exe is not running in BMC.  Service status with instance 0 is not showing any error. But button_power.exe is not running. So that I tried with instance 1.

I think below file is responsible for button power controlling in OBMC.
c/skeleton/blob/master/pwrbutton/button_power_obj.c

Here is the receipe file.

Cat ./meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/chassis/obmc-button-power.bb
SUMMARY = "OpenBMC org.openbmc.Button example implementation"
DESCRIPTION = "A sample implementation for a button controlling a power domain."
PR = "r1"

inherit skeleton-gdbus
inherit obmc-phosphor-dbus-service
inherit pkgconfig

SKELETON_DIR = "pwrbutton"

FMT = "org.openbmc.buttons.Power@{0}.service"
DBUS_SERVICE_${PN} += "${@compose_list(d, 'FMT', 'OBMC_POWER_BUTTON_INSTANCES')}"

If you need journal log, then I can share it. I need to understand the flow.

Please help to achieve.

Thanks
Maheswari A