jenkins.openbmc.org ?

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 06:49:20 AEDT 2018

I'd had on my list for a while to move us over to a jenkins instance
running on the same server as our gerrit server. The reasoning was:

1. OpenBMC has grown to the point where it deserves it's own jenkins
instance, and tying it to openpower.xyz doesn't really fit anymore.
2. The gerrit server (and the new jenkins server) are running within
Softlayer which has 24x7 support (openpower.xyz is running on donated
hardware from Rackspace, which is awesome, but support is mainly 2nd
hand via emails to contacts we have at Rackspace)
3. There have been a few instances where the openpower builds have
affected openbmc (and vice versa).

I went ahead and created a new jenkins instance at the above domain,
but haven't done anything with it. I've been kind of wishy-washy on
whether the extra work is really worth it. It's been quite nice having
Joel maintain our openpower.xyz server with all the security updates
and such :)

Thoughts from the community?

ps: gerrit.openbmc.org will also redirect to our gerrit in case anyone
was interested.

Andrew