New Checker in the CI

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Fri Oct 19 07:30:08 AEDT 2018

Now a tool called cppcheck is run against your code during presubmit.
Its results are not factored into your patchset receiving a +/-1.
However, I encourage you to take a look at the presubmit log.  It'll
have some results that are neat, like, "you can reduce the scope of
this variable" or you can improve performance my making this a
reference, etc...

If you're curious the kind of things it's found so far:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:%22caught_ci_cppcheck%22

Now, here are some notes:
1) it isn't always correct (it isn't perfect, but it's very very
actively under development so feel free to send them bugs and
notes)!!! and help the OSS community.

2) the generated interfaces right now don't use references for object
parameters, interestingly (maybe something we'll need to examine? :D).

3) If you have any questions about your results, feel free to shoot me
an email with a snippet as the logs don't live forever and I'll take a
look.  I have no stake or influence in cppcheck, but I can be the
point person on this.

Regards,
Patrick