Notion of Flakiness in Sensor Readings

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Sat Oct 13 08:32:37 AEDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM Matt Spinler
<mspinler at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/2018 4:23 PM, Patrick Venture wrote:

> If the hwmon driver for your device provides a _fault attribute, and
> that gets set, the code is already
> set up to create an OperationalStatus interface on that sensor instance
> and set the Functional
> property to false.

I'd like to drop this such that the failure behavior can be returning
a NaN double.
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-hwmon/blob/master/hwmonio.cpp#L127

For the drivers that don't have the fault attribute, and in the case
where phosphor-host-ipmid doesn't check for that kind of failure.