Opt-Out vs Opt-In

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Oct 11 06:33:27 AEDT 2018

I have rsyslog running on my image.  I have no remote logging servers
for this... I have no desire for this daemon to run or take up space.
In general, I turn off about a dozen IMAGE_FEATURES for my builds.
Stuff that I don't have set up, or just don't need.  Every time I
rebase I have to build and look for new things to remove.

Recently in the security group we've been discussing the opt-out vs
opt-in model for packages and configurations.

I want to take the community's temperature on this.

Patrick