NEW GUI Design work group starts Wed, Oct 17

susan jasinski susantjasinski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 04:01:52 AEST 2018

Hello everyone.

My name is Susan Jasinski, and I am the UX Design Lead for the IBM OpenBMC
GUI. Alissa Lee and I will be hosting a new bi-monthly OpenBMC work group
for reviewing new GUI designs. It will be held on the first and third
Wednesdays of the month.

Generally, my team will request feedback on GUI designs BEFORE they are
coded. This could include wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, interactive
prototypes, and panel flows. If others have pre-code designs they would
like to share with the community, feel free to add yourself to the agenda.

However, during this first meeting I'd like to discuss how to openly and
consistently share mockups, provide feedback and track revisions.

Access to the web conference link and the agenda can be found in the
openbmc-openbmc wiki (just above the Weekly Community Telecon wiki link) .
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/GUI-Design-work-group

Links to mockups will be sent via email and IRC prior to the meeting.
Please join the conversation even if you did not have time to review
designs before-hand.

I am looking forward to seeing you all next week.

-- Susan Jasinski (IBM Lead Designer and User Experience designer)