[PATCH net-next v4 0/6] net/ncsi: Allow enabling multiple packages & channels
sam at mendozajonas.com
Fri Nov 16 15:51:53 AEDT 2018
This series extends the NCSI driver to configure multiple packages
and/or channels simultaneously. Since the RFC series this includes a few
extra changes to fix areas in the driver that either made this harder or
were roadblocks due to deviations from the NCSI specification.
Patches 1 & 2 fix two issues where the driver made assumptions about the
capabilities of the NCSI topology.
Patches 3 & 4 change some internal semantics slightly to make multi-mode
Patch 5 introduces a cleaner way of reconfiguring the NCSI configuration
and keeping track of channel states.
Patch 6 implements the main multi-package/multi-channel configuration,
configured via the Netlink interface.
Readers who have an interesting NCSI setup - especially multi-package
with HWA - please test! I think I've covered all permutations but I
don't have infinite hardware to test on.
Changes in v2:
- Updated use of the channel lock in ncsi_reset_dev(), making the
channel invisible and leaving the monitor check to
- Fixed ncsi_channel_is_tx() to consider the state of channels in other
Changes in v3:
- Fixed bisectability bug in patch 1
- Consider channels on all packages in a few places when multi-package
- Avoid doubling up reset operations, and check the current driver state
before reset to let any running operations complete.
- Reorganise the LSC handler slightly to avoid enabling Tx twice.
Changes in v4:
- Fix failover in the single-channel case
- Better handle ncsi_reset_dev() entry during a current config/suspend
Samuel Mendoza-Jonas (6):
net/ncsi: Don't enable all channels when HWA available
net/ncsi: Probe single packages to avoid conflict
net/ncsi: Don't deselect package in suspend if active
net/ncsi: Don't mark configured channels inactive
net/ncsi: Reset channel state in ncsi_start_dev()
net/ncsi: Configure multi-package, multi-channel modes with failover
include/uapi/linux/ncsi.h | 15 ++
net/ncsi/internal.h | 19 +-
net/ncsi/ncsi-aen.c | 75 ++++--
net/ncsi/ncsi-manage.c | 522 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
net/ncsi/ncsi-netlink.c | 233 ++++++++++++++---
net/ncsi/ncsi-rsp.c | 2 +-
6 files changed, 660 insertions(+), 206 deletions(-)
More information about the openbmc