REST authentication

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Nov 6 12:23:14 AEDT 2018

Hi Ping

On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 23:21 +0000, Ping Mao wrote:
> Hi,   Brad:
>
> I have some questions about REST API framework and
> authentication,     what framework does OpenBMC use for REST
> APIs?   And what REST Authentication mechanism is used?
>
> Thanks,
> Ping

There are two rest stacks in OpenBMC at the moment:

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-rest-server
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb

You should know that the main contributors to phosphor-rest-server are
in the process of moving off that stack and onto bmcweb.  So I won't
talk about phosphor-rest-server unless you have some specific desire to
hear about it.

I'm not up to speed on how bmcweb handles authentication or what
frameworks it uses so I'll add some folks to CC that might be able to
help.

-brad