Temperature Sensor Reading not showing up.

AKASH G J akashgj91 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 21:19:05 AEDT 2018

I added the sensor configuration to phosphor-host-ipmid's sensor
configuration like.

*0x12: &temperature  sensorType: 0x01  path:
/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/ambient  sensorReadingType: 0x01
multiplierM: 235  offsetB: 0  bExp: 0  unit:
xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value.Unit.DegreesC  scale: -3  rExp: -3
serviceInterface: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties  readingType:
readingData  interfaces:    xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value:
Value:        Offsets:          0xFF:            type: int64_t*

When I run the command *ipmitool -I dbus sdr elist full*, it gives the
following.

*ambient          | 12h | ns  |  0.0 | Disabled*

It is not giving the sensor reading and it is showing the sensor device is
disabled.