OpenBMC Security Working Group Kick Off

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.ibm.com
Thu May 31 18:38:23 AEST 2018

Nancy Yuen <yuenn at google.com> writes:
> The OpenBMC Security Work Group kick off meeting is scheduled for Thurs May
> 31, 9AM PDT.  This first meeting is by invite only.  Please email me if you
> are interested in participating in this working group.

Would topics like "security of the BMC from a hostile host" be part of
this?

A design of OpenPOWER systems is that the BMC and the Host don't have to
trust each other, and this should extend to a host that's hostile
towards the BMC.

I'd be surprised if we didn't find bugs in both mboxd and host ipmi if
we started fuzzing those interfaces.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.