Gerrit +1 policy

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Tue May 29 22:53:49 AEST 2018

I get frustrated by Gerrit removing +1s from patches when I make a
small change to the commit message.

This is a configurable option in Gerrit:

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-labels.html#label_copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange

I would like to propose we change this setting to true.

The downside is someone could radically change the content of their
commit message that you've +1'd. However the maintainer still gets a
chance to pull someone up on this if they think someone has pulled a
swift one.

If there are some repositories that would like to maintain the status
quo, this could be done at the top level, so that all repositories
inherit the new default, but would allow for individual projects to
override the setting if they desired.

Cheers,

Joel