obmc-gerrit: A tool for automagically adding reviewers to your patches

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Tue May 22 11:43:47 AEST 2018

Hello,

I've created a helper script that automatically adds reviewers to your patches when you push them to Gerrit:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-tools/tree/master/amboar/obmc-scripts/maintainers

Why do you care? I'm hoping that it reduces the time it takes for your patches to get attention *and* relieves you from the tedium of adding the reviewers yourself.

The script is a wrapper for `git push` that also parses the MAINTAINERS file in the root of the repository. I recently sent a flood of patches adding a MAINTAINERS file to each repo maintained by the OpenBMC organisation, so obmc-gerrit should be generally useful in the very near future.

I'm always open to feedback, so make sure to reply here or ping me on IRC if you have opinions.

Cheers,

Andrew