BMC Image Signing Proposal

Adriana Kobylak anoo at linux.ibm.com
Sat May 19 02:01:16 AEST 2018

On 2018-05-17 22:33, Lei YU wrote:

> So I think it is better for OpenBMC project to have a common (or
> example)
> image signing tools/code, not for a specific machine or product, but
> for the
> general machines in this project using legacy flash layout.
> Let's discuss and get a design proposal?

Yeah, ideally we'd converge the legacy and ubi code update methods into
one, to take advantage of the Software D-Bus interfaces and have the
different features like signature verification, filesystem mirroring,
etc be able to be picked up as separate packages. One starting point for
the design proposal would be to determine how to separate in the build
and the repo the different code update methods. Lei, want to take an
initial stab at it? :)