Question on States monitoring

Andres Oportus andresoportus at google.com
Tue May 15 09:26:37 AEST 2018

Thanks Andrew, yeah I see the design philosophy of not exposing low level
stuff like GPIOs unless they mean something more high level (hence the
"State" reference) that could be exposed/monitored/changed/etc.  I'm just
checking to see if we have anything already being thought of or implemented
as to not come up with a custom solution.  The problem is managing "States"
at least initially backed by GPIOs, and it does not have to be on the DBUS
although from what I've seen for instance on IPMI we use DBUS extensively
for things that get exported.