How the Set boot mode and Set boot source works ?

Tom Joseph tomjose at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon May 7 19:54:54 AEST 2018

Hello Brad,

These boot options correspond to the boot flags in the Get/Set system
boot options command.
The get/set system boot options command can be used to configure boot
mode/boot source.
On OpenPower systems, Petitboot sends IPMI commands to get/set these
parameters.

Refer this to understand how the IPMI command is mapped to the D-Bus
property.

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/master/chassishandler.cpp#L1181
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/master/chassishandler.cpp#L1320

Regards,