Sdbusplus-based Shared Library

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Mar 29 12:39:54 AEDT 2018

> On Mar 27, 2018, at 11:43 AM, Patrick Venture <venture at google.com> wrote:
>
> Brad,
>
> If you create a repository - phosphor-sdbus-utils or
> phosphor-sdbusplus-utils or something like that, I'll put together a
> starter pack on this and submit for review.

May I suggest

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-monitor/tree/master/src/sdevent

as a possibility for drawing ideas?  :-)

> Patrick

Thanks Patrick! will do but I’d like to get a bit more clarity/discussion
on what the content of this new repo will be.

So today we have sdbusplus built around the sd-bus folder in libsystemd.

Do we envision something like separate repos for:

sdeventplus - wrappers for the sd-event folder in libsystemd
sddeviceplus - wrappers for the sd-device folder in libsystemd
…etc

Or should we just try and have a single c++ wrapper repository for all of
libsystemd?  In that case should we simply rename sdbusplus to libsystemdpp
and start putting more code in it?

-brad