Sdbusplus-based Shared Library

Ratan Gupta ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 27 17:04:03 AEDT 2018

Hi Andrew,

We raised this concern around an year back with patrick but that time it
was told we have limited set of users for such classes,

Let it be replicate but now as the code size is getting increased we
should look for some common library for such classes.

Regards

Ratan Gupta

On Tuesday 27 March 2018 11:17 AM, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, at 06:03, Patrick Venture wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Tanous, Ed <ed.tanous at intel.com> wrote:
>>> Have you tried prototyping to see how much space you'll save?  I suspect it won't be a lot for a few reasons.
>>>
>>> 1. A lot of sdbusplus is template instantiations, and unless we forward declare a number of base template instantiations for use in the shared library, most of the application code will end up in the binary anyway.
>>> 2. Sdbus calls into libsystemd, which is already a shared library.