Feature request in phosphor-pid-control

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Fri Jun 15 02:41:45 AEST 2018

It follows a similar downstream feature where a sensor being
"unavailable" because the mapper is swamped shouldn't except the
program.  The only difference here is that this is a sensor which also
needs to be unable to throw the system into failsafe mode.  The system
starts in failsafe mode until it's heard from all the sensors it's
expecting.  This would need to check to see if that sensor supports
the notion of a failsafe timeout -- which is already supported.

A sensor triggers failsafe IFF the value is older than the timeout
value and the timeout value is non-zero.  So, in theory, the
initialization loop could check that the timeout value for a sensor is
non-zero before adding it to the fail-safe check-in list.

So, this change really is just, "don't fail if you can't find the
sensor during start-up, and keep trying until it shows up"

Does that follow?

Patrick