[GIT PULL] FSI updates

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jun 12 20:23:17 AEST 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-12 at 08:20 +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 02:14:25PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Hi Greg !
> >
> > There are a first round of updates of the FSI stack, aiming at reducing/removing
> > the gap with the OpenBMC tree and a first step in getting dependent drivers
> > upstream.
> >
> > These changes significantly improve the FSI bitbanging driver performance
> > and reliability, and add the new "sbefifo" driver for communicating with
> > the POWER9 Self Boot Engine (which will be needed for some upcoming
> > additional drivers).
> >
> > [ Apologies if I got part of the process wrong, I haven't
> >   sent a pull request in years ;-) ]
>
> So, these are all for 4.19-rc1, right?  Not bugfixes for 4.18-final?

The earlier the better as it reduces the diff with openbmc kernel tree
(with the goal of going down to 0) and simplify merging further new
stuff that depends on this. We are the only users of drivers/fsi so the
risk is for now at least nul. That said if you prefer queuing that up
for 4.19, that's ok (the patches were posted a little while ago, this
is just putting them in a git repo, nothing new since).

> > The following changes since commit 8efcf34a263965e471e3999904f94d1f6799d42a:
> >
> >   Merge tag 'armsoc-late' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc (2018-06-11 18:19:45 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/linux-fsi.git
>
> I need a signed tag to pull from, not just a git tree, otherwise I don't
> know that you really sent me what you think you sent me :)
>
> Can you fix that up, and tell me where you want this to go and then I
> can take it after 4.18-rc1 is out.

Ah ok, I haven't done signed tags yet :-) Linus didn't require them
back in the day for kernel.org hosted trees. I'll look into it
tomorrow.

Cheers,
Ben.