Phosphor Web-ui: Server unreachable

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Tue Jul 31 03:36:06 AEST 2018

On 07/30/2018 05:04 AM, AKASH G J wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I added phosphor-webui into the Linux image and set up client side of
> the web interface. In the client side of web interface I could able to
> give the IP address, username and password. After entering all those
> details, it is showing "server unreachable". But I could able to ping
> the server board and ssh into the system. Please someone help to resolve
> the problem.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Akash G J

We need some basic information to help you troubleshoot.  You might also
find faster responses on irc;  Most of the people involved in the web
infrastructure are online there.

1. What platform are you using?
2. If not one of the upstream platforms, which web server is your
platform using?  (probably one of phosphor-rest, bmcweb, or
phosphor-rest+nginx)
3. When you open up the debugger window in your chosen browser (usually
the F12 key) then go to the network tab and attempt to log in, what do
you see?  You should see an attempt to get to the /login url, with some
kind of error code (maybe 401, maybe 500, maybe something else).  We'll
need that to help troubleshoot.
4. Is there anything else strange about your setup that you might think
would contribute to your issue?
5. Are you hosting phosphor-webui from a different machine from the BMC.
  Depending on what server you are using, there are likely security
settings preventing cross site scripting that are blocking you.