ipmitool default interface

Vernon Mauery vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 12 02:59:17 AEST 2018

I have seen several requests for help on this list that could have been
avoided if the BMC internal ipmitool used dbus as its default interface.

I do not think we are quite ready to upstream this commit or the actual
interface, since the dbus interface will be changing as part of the
refactor of ipmid's architecture. But for now, it makes sense to set the
default interface as dbus.

After I have finished working on the refactor, I will push the changes
upstream and then we should be able to just run with a standard
cross-compiled build of ipmitool.

--Vernon