How to override default Kernel config

Henbin Chang henbinchang at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:57:06 AEST 2018

My machine isn't in the OpenBMC tree.

I list the partial contents in my machine layer
  meta-aspeed \
  meta-x86 \
  meta-x86/meta-mct \
  meta-x86/meta-mct/meta-tiogapass \ -> the last line in the bblayers.conf

In the merge_config_build.log, I find the merging sequence is the below
  Using .kernel-meta/configs//./tiogapass.cfg as base
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./phosphor-gpio-keys.cfg
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./phosphor-gpio-keys.cfg
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./phosphor-vlan.cfg
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./phosphor-vlan.cfg
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./phosphor-wdt-on-panic.cfg
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./phosphor-wdt-on-panic.cfg
  Merging .kernel-meta/configs//./defconfig

Suppose the CONFIG_DEVMEM=y is removed while 'Merging
.kernel-meta/configs//./defconfig'

Thanks.