Porting hwmon sensors to openBMC

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:04:27 AEDT 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Sachin Naik (sachnaik)
<sachnaik at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am porting a new board to openbmc.
> I have question on mapping hwmon type sensors to Dbus
>
> So far I have created machine layer and added U-boot config, Kernel config and device tree. In kernel config I have enabled lm75 hwmon driver for LM75 temperature device. Corresponding entry added in device tree.
>
> Right now I have created hwmon temperature sensors entry in our machine layer by extending recipes-phosphor/sensors/phosphor-hwmon%.bbappend
> and created conf file with temperature sensors label.
>
> Now my question is how do implement/map dbus temperature sensor value interface to our hwmon temperature sensors? Is above implementation is enough or it requires
> Some mapping for dbus to hwmon instance?

After you added config files for the temperature sensors with
phosphor-hwmon%.bbappend, phosphor-hwmon will read from
hwmon instance and create dbus objects at
/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/, which will at least have "Value",
“Scale" and "Unit" properties.

I do not think it requires other configs, unless I misunderstand
your case?