SELinux discussion at Hackathon - call for input

Michael.E.Brown at dell.com Michael.E.Brown at dell.com
Tue Jan 9 05:27:03 AEDT 2018

Hello to everybody who is going to the hackathon. I currently am scheduled for an hour to talk about SELinux on Wed.

What would people like to know? What is the best possible use of this hour, and what does everybody want to walk away with at the end?

My background: I led the implementation of a full SELinux policy implementation for Dell IDRAC which will be delivered in our product starting later this year. I did the initial work of setting up the implementation strategy, did much of the initial work to get everything building, and then supervised the implementation. Where I'm less strong right now is actual details of writing policy, as I've largely let our lead devs on the selinux team write the actual policy for the past 2 years of implementation effort.

What I might suggest would be helpful:

-          Outline of build requirements for selinux

-          Example implementation strategy

-          Example project development rules for dealing with selinux

However, I'm completely open on this to talk about whatever the community folks would find helpful. I can do a slideware presentation or a Q&A format, or a mix of both.

Thoughts? How can I make this something everybody takes away something positive from?
--
Michael Brown
Dell EMC