Is there any tool to query dbus interface property?

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 00:37:05 AEDT 2018

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Yong Li <yong.b.li at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I would like to query a dbus property and make different actions based on
> the property.

Just querying a property can be done via the busctl tool: busctl
get-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.BMC
/xyz/openbmc_project/state/bmc0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.BMC
CurrentBMCState

> Just like the pgood_wait.c in skeleton, but it only supports the pgood
> property. Is there any a common tool can support query/wait different dbus
> interface/objects?

Waiting on a dbus service can be done via the mapper tool: mapper wait
/xyz/openbmc_project/state/bmc0

And this can also all be done in the application code itself using
sdbusplus interfaces to mapper and the objects you're interested in.