Redfish on OpenBMC

Deepak Kodihalli dkodihal at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 1 21:53:01 AEDT 2018

On 01/02/18 2:38 pm, Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for enumerating the attributes for comparison.
>
> I want to list down a few additional criteria that may be evaluated:
>
> 1) Data-Driven Resource Discovery:
> - The Redfish server should ideally build it's resource model from a
> "config file". This config file could potentially be hand-coded or built
> out of a "system definition file". The following are examples of system
> definition files for 2 of the systems currently running OpenBMC firmware.
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/open-power/zaius-xml/master/zaius.xml
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/open-power/witherspoon-xml/master/witherspoon.xml
> The system architecture (sled vs blade etc.), number of processors,
> number of fans etc. can be determined from the system definition file to
> generate the config file.

OpenBMC systems already have a "resource model" in the form of the D-Bus
object hierarchy. Do you envision having a separate model to depict the
Redfish hypermedia resources, or coming up with a way to map Redfish
resources to D-Bus objects? This probably ties into the point about how
easy it is to take the implementation and run it outside OpenBMC.

Regards,
Deepak