Use MilliAmps for IPMI tool

Shreyas Chandrashekar (shrchand) shrchand at cisco.com
Fri Dec 21 05:07:05 AEDT 2018

As I mentioned, we have all the readings in milliamps/millivolts by default. And the consumer of the IPMI tool makes all the calculations based on milliamps since that is the unit of the readings. We were wondering if there was a way to have milliamp/millivolts in the unit code table it would be consistent.
If not, we will just go with changing them to Amps and do the changes accordingly.

Thanks a lot for the responses Ed. Appreciate it!

Regards

Shreyas
On 12/19/18, 5:01 PM, "Tanous, Ed" <ed.tanous at intel.com> wrote:

    > We are looking at having milliamp and millivolts units in the unit code table. Is
    > there anyway to get that support? That way, we will be able to display the
    > values in millivolts and milliamps.

    What problem are you trying to solve with that change?  The IPMI spec is more rigid than it once was, and for a use case that is already covered, I would be surprised if you could get it added, and get all the tools and bindings to add support.