[OE-core] flto automake

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Dec 19 12:07:12 AEDT 2018

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 00:42, Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

> I wonder if this is something they would be interested in upstream.  I’ve copied
> the oe-core mailing list for possible comment.

Thanks for forwarding this to us.  The class is very simple and just does:

PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS += " AR=${TARGET_PREFIX}gcc-ar \
RANLIB=${TARGET_PREFIX}gcc-ranlib"

That's quite an abuse of PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS, I'd recommend just
setting AR and RANLIB directly in the class, they'll override the
defaults in bitbake.conf.

That however leads to the question of should we just change the
defaults? Does anything break if we use gcc-ar instead of ar?

Ross