OpenBMC Upstream Reference System(s)

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Sat Dec 15 05:49:49 AEDT 2018

.

> What value is being a reference platform beyond being tested by CI?
> Marketing?

In my opinion is less about marketing and more about enabling potential consumers/contributors to OpenBMC evaluate whether it's fit for their purpose. A reference platform is a platform that we can recommend that will best enable them to make that decision.

Ideally it should be cheap and incorporate a BMC and host system (i.e. the RaspberryPi port doesn't really meet the bar), and allow the user to exercise most of all of OpenBMC's features

Andrew