Jenkins Job Refactoring

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 08:54:28 AEDT 2018

Greetings,

I did a bit of jenkins job refactoring today. Should have minimal impact
to everyone but just wanted to get an FYI out.

I put some details up at
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/OpenBMC-Infrastructure-Workgroup#jenkins-jobs

The main reason for this change was to be able to create and use
a dedicated QEMU node. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of
https://github.com/openbmc/qemu/issues/14 but overall it seems
like a good idea to have a dedicated QEMU node. With this change
I was able to bring builder1 and builder4 back online so we should
see our build times get better.

The only impact I see to users is that when your jenkins jobs
fail you'll need to do one more click to get to the new build-openbmc
job to see your compile errors.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Andrew