Initial MCTP design proposal

Supreeth Venkatesh supreeth.venkatesh at arm.com
Sat Dec 8 04:09:32 AEDT 2018

On Fri, 2018-12-07 at 10:43 +0530, Deepak Kodihalli wrote:
> On 07/12/18 8:11 AM, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> > Hi OpenBMCers!
> >
> > In an earlier thread, I promised to sketch out a design for a MCTP
> > implementation in OpenBMC, and I've included it below.
>

> Thanks Jeremy for sending this out. This looks good (have just one
> comment below).
>
> Question for everyone : do you have plans to employ PLDM over MCTP?
Yes Deepak. we do eventually.

> We are interested in PLDM for various "inside the box"
> communications
> (at the moment for the Host <-> BMC communication). I'd like to
> propose
> a design for a PLDM stack on OpenBMC, and would send a design
> template
> for review on the mailing list in some amount of time (I've just
> started
> with some initial sketches). I'd like to also know if others have
> embarked on a similar activity, so that we can collaborate earlier
> and
> avoid duplicate work.
Yes. Interested to collaborate.
Which portion of PLDM are you working on, other than base?
Platform Monitoring and Control?
Firmware Update?
BIOS Control andConfiguration?
SMBIOS Transfer?
FRU Data?
Redfish Device Enablement?

We are currently interested in Platform Monitoring and Control.