New repo request: phosphor-ipmi-blobs-skm

Kun Yi kunyi at google.com
Fri Dec 7 05:19:07 AEDT 2018

Hi Brad,

May I request a new repository: phosphor-ipmi-blobs-skm?

It is a phosphor-ipmi-blobs[1] based handler that supports simple binary
data read/write/enumerate operations from the host to a storage only
visible to BMC. Google uses it for storing Storage Key Management (SKM)
specific binary data, and it may probably belong to the openBMC
customizations that Google want to publish and permit others to use.

Currently the storage format is skm specific, but it could be expanded to
support other use cases, thus the "phosphor" naming. If you feel that it is
still Google-specific, then "google-ipmi-blobs-skm" is acceptable as well.
We can always rename this later if the use cases expand. =)

Please add myself, Benjamin Fair (benjaminfair at google.com), and Patrick
Venture (venture at google.com) as maintainers. Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-ipmi-blobs
--