Linux dev-4.19

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Tue Dec 4 14:19:20 AEDT 2018

Hello Dave,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 13:43, David Thompson <dthompson at mellanox.com> wrote:

> Since 4.19 kernel is deemed "longterm" with a projected EOL of Dec 2020, is the plan to keep OpenBMC on this kernel version for a while?

I have no plans to stay on a given release once the next is out at
this stage. My goal is to get all of the code upstream, so that I
don't need to maintain any out of tree patches, and then system
integrator can pick whichever kernel they want for their system.

It would be straight forward to maintain a stable tree once the "dev"
tree has moved on past 4.19. I have some ideas on how this could work
if you are interested.

> I've yet to upstream any of my changes, my bad, and as a
> result I've gone through four kernel upgrades this year
> {4.13, 4.17, 4.18, and now 4.19}.

I encourage you to get your patches on the list! Do you have a run
down of what you keep out of tree?

Cheers,

Joel