[HELP] ipmi-kcs didn't work

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Dec 1 09:39:16 AEDT 2018

On 11/30/18, 11:29 AM, "Jae Hyun Yoo" <jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    On 11/30/2018 12:57 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:

    > On 11/30/18, 7:31 AM, "Jae Hyun Yoo" <jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com> wrote:
    >
    >      On 11/29/2018 9:00 PM, Samuel Jiang wrote:
    >      > Hi Jae,
    >      >
    >      > We also encountered the same situation a month ago.
    >      > We try to enable the LPC clock on devicetree to resolve this problem not
    >      > direct modify clock driver.
    >      >
    >      > lpc_ctrl: lpc-ctrl at 0 {
    >      >   compatible = "aspeed,ast2500-lpc-ctrl”;
    >      >   reg = <0x0 0x80>;
    >      >   clocks = <&syscon ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK>;
    >      >      status = “okay”;
    >      > };
    >      >
    >      > However, I’m not sure which is better for LPC_CLCK setting.
    >      > Whether we should modify driver if original data is enabled or should
    >      > enable on the device tree, correct?
    >      >
    >      >

    >      Hi Samuel,
    >
    >      Yes, you are right. I realized that kcs_bmc_aspeed.c doesn't have any
    >      clock control code so adding a clocks setting into kcs dtsi code doesn't
    >      make any help. Also, it was the reason why the change is needed on
    >      clk-aspeed.c. Enabling lpc_ctrl node you suggested seems a right way.
    >
    >      Hi Vijay,
    >      Can you please try the way Samuel suggested after removing changes I
    >      gave you. Samuel's solution looks good to me.
    >
    >      Thanks,
    >      Jae
    >
    > Jae,
    > I can try. We can certainly enable lpc_ctrl node but in my understanding that
    > we still need this below patch to redefine ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK value to
    > add CRITICAL. I might be missing something here.
    >      - [ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK] = { 8, 5, "lclk-gate", NULL, 0 }, /* LPC */
    >     + [ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK] = { 8, 5, "lclk-gate", NULL, CLK_IS_CRITICAL }, /* LPC */

    Vijay,

    I checked that lpc_ctrl module has clocks dt property handling code in
    the module so I think the LCLK would be enabled without the clk-aspeed.c
    fix. I can't test it now because I'm in a business trip so please test
    it. I'll also check it when I back to office a week after.

    Thanks,
    Jae

Jae,
I removed above aspeed clock driver patch, and enabled lpc-ctrl node in dts also removed clock definition from kcs. And I don't see host is getting powered on. It works only with clock driver change.

And I still didn't understand how enabling lpc-ctrl node will initialize ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK to CRITICAL.

-Vijay