Proposal for caching/buffering POST codes list for one boot process.

Kun Yi kun.yi.731 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 09:52:41 AEST 2018

I think the choice of *where* to put such buffering warrants some thoughts
and design. Going through what I have thought:

1. It's possible to implement host state detection and host POST code
buffering all in a client daemon, which is a long-lived process that
- keeps listening to POST codes published
- keeps polling host state
- when host power state toggled, write the POST codes received to a file on
disk

Pros of this approach is that server daemons are kept simple. POST code
server doesn't need to talk to host state daemon or even assume its
existence.
Pros of buffering on server side: potentially there will be more than one
identities needing the list of POST codes. IPMI? Logging? It would really
help if we can identify some concrete use cases.