Single-Source

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Thu Aug 30 04:27:08 AEST 2018

> still different to read every repo.  Of course, the clang-format
> doesn't do variables names (right?)

clang-format can't do variable renames, but clang-tidy can.

I've been experimenting with it a bit, and it seems to work pretty well,
but requires a lot more work than clang-format to get set up on a given
repo.  Right now I'm using the CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS flag to
generate the metadata that it needs to run.  At some point, I want to
look into doing that automatically in the build scripts, but I'm not
there yet.

A .clang-tidy file that approximates the OpenBMC style guides naming
standard is here:
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/.clang-tidy