Single-Source

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Aug 30 02:55:20 AEST 2018

> On Aug 29, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Patrick Venture <venture at google.com> wrote:
>
> Brad;
>
> While working on updating the documentation, which holds a
> clang-format example in it, within the markdown, I was curious if
> there was a single-source of truth w.r.t configurations of this
> nature?  I imagine it hasn't been an issue yet, but I'm going to
> update clang-format files to use the header inclusion, once we settle
> on the exact pattern, and it'd be useful to have a single-source file
> where I could make the change, and copy that file out into places --
> since I'm not sure of a reasonable automated approach.
>
> Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Honestly I don’t think we should be telling maintainers how to style
the code they maintain.  Just that they have one and and provide a way
for contributors to adhere to it.

But I think I am in the minority with that viewpoint so I guess you
could put a clang-format in the docs repo?  Does that work?