Linux kernel: Moving to 4.18

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Thu Aug 23 12:16:06 AEST 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 10:51, Joel Stanley <joel at jms.id.au> wrote:
> Assuming everything that was in linux-next gets merged for 4.19, this
> will leave us with about 36 out of tree patches. I've appended the
> list of commits below. If you are the author it would be great to hear
> your plans as a reply to this email.

> Joel Stanley (14):
>       ARM: dts: aspeed-ast2500: Update flash layout

This isn't upstream as the evb is not technically an openbmc machine.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Add LPC mailbox node
>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable mbox
>       ARM: dts: palmetto: Enable mbox and occ-hwmon nodes

The Mailbox driver is in flux. The first submission was rejected, and
we don't have anyone working on upstreaming at this point.

>       iio: Add driver for Infineon DPS310

This driver was rejected upstream as it only works for the temperature
control part of the DPS310. The iio maintainer wanted support for the
accelerometer component as well, which is a substantial re-write.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Add DAC MUX userspace control
>       ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Clean up sio registers

This relates to Andrew's misc-register work.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Add resets and clocks to GFX node
>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable the GFX IP
>       drm: Add ASPEED GFX driver
>       drm: aspeed: Debugfs interface for GFX registers
>       dt-bindings: gpu: Add ASPEED GFX bindings document

I need to add pixel clock calculation support before submitting a
non-RFC version upstream.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable VHUB on Romulus

This can go upstream.

>       ARM: config: aspeed: Add out of tree drivers

OpenBMC specific.