Announcing sdeventplus

William Kennington wak at google.com
Wed Aug 15 03:59:13 AEST 2018

I'd like to make available a wrapper around the sd_event libsystemd
infrastructure to all of the openbmc based projects. This project is
intended to closely resemble the sdbusplus project and provide only
minimal wrapping of the systemd constructs, mostly related to handle
ownership and error handling. Currently this is lacking a proper
tutorial but it should be fairly straightforward to map any c-based
sd_event tutorial to sdeventplus. There are 2 example programs which
use some of the functionality. Otherwise this should be a complete
wrapper around sd_svent as of systemd v233. There are some newer
functions added in v237+ which can be optionally added at a later
time.

Please let me know what you think of the project which currently
resides at https://github.com/wak-google/sdeventplus. This should find
a new home at https://github.com/openbmc/sdeventplus if it receives
good feedback.

Thanks,