Version and Functional FRU fields for motherboard and membuf

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Tue Aug 14 20:11:08 AEST 2018

14.08.2018 05:36, Lei KM Yu wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> 19.04.2018 17:11, Alexander A. Filippov wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > We get a failure running the "Validate FRU Properties Fields" test
>
> May I ask what "Validate FRU Properties Fields" test is?
It's actually "Verify FRU Properties" and it's a part of
openbmc-test-automation test suite, see here:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/blob/ac687c43ddc7f639a4607ad89dd5ae462dcf65c9/tests/test_inventory.robot#L184

> > because in our system we do not have "Version" and "Functional"
> > properties in the following nodes:
> >
> >    /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard
> >    /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/membuf*

As I see, in the current version of the test you don't anymore look for
"Functional" property for those nodes, but "Version" is still checked.

> > However, we've examined the corresponding yaml files available in the
> > master branch for palmetto and witherspoon, and have not been able to
> > locate any mentions of those properties either.
> >
> > Assuming that the aforementioned test passes for those systems, our
> > question is: where do those properties come from for them?
>
> As I see, Palmetto's yaml config does not have Version or Functional
> property for motherboard and membuf, so I do not think they will have
> such properties.

So, does the test case pass for Palmetto?