Patch files not apply while devtool modify linux-aspeed

Henbin Chang henbinchang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:39:07 AEST 2018

Thanks Joel.

The issue could be duplicated following the steps in the romulus machine.

1. 'devtool modify linux-aspeed'
2. 'cd workspace/sources/linux-aspeed/' and edit
'arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-bmc-opp-romulus.dts'
3. 'git add -A' and 'git commit -m 'Test modify dts' '
4. go to build directory and 'devtool update-recipe -m patch -a
../meta-openbmc-machines/meta-openpower/meta-ibm/meta-romulus/ linux-aspeed'
5. Confirm the below files are generated.
meta-openbmc-machines/meta-openpower/meta-ibm/meta-romulus/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-aspeed/0001-Test-modify-dts.patch
meta-openbmc-machines/meta-openpower/meta-ibm/meta-romulus/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-aspeed_git.bbappend
6. 'devtool reset linux-aspeed' and remove ' workspace/sources/linux-aspeed/
'
7. 'devtool modify linux-aspeed' again
8. 'cd workspace/sources/linux-aspeed/ ' and the commit with the 'Test
modify dts' message not found while 'git log'
9. 'git branch'
  dev
  dev-4.10
  dev-4.13
  dev-4.17
  dev-4.3
  dev-4.4
  dev-4.6
  dev-4.7
* devtool
  devtool-no-overrides
  devtool-override-df-obmc-ubi-fs
  master
10. 'git checkout dev-4.17' and 'git log'

commit 2310638091e7b4dd97014f1b373a9ba111ac4e58
Author: Henbin.Chang <henbin-chang at mic.com.tw>
Date:   Thu Aug 9 16:15:48 2018 +0800

    Test modify dts

I had no idea why the patch was not applied in the 'devtool' branch.

BRs,
Henbin