In-Band Firmware Update

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Tue Aug 7 02:51:03 AEST 2018

In an effort to do the OEM IPMI firmware update as full open source
and to enable testing more thoroughly, I'm writing it anew and staging
the patches upstream.
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/phosphor-ipmi-flash/+/11772/
is the current top of the stack of patches, but that'll change a bit
this week as I implement more of the design.

If you're very interested, and not on the patches, please let me know
and I will add you to future ones.  That said, other than next week,
when I'll be out-of-office, I'm hoping to keep the patches going in a
brisk pace, so rapid feedback is appreciated.  Once the block-transfer
interface portion is finished, I'll push up the host-side tool (which
I also get to write anew).

Patrick