8/2 OpenBMC Release Planning WG Meeting Minutes

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:53:31 AEST 2018

Thanks everyone - a lightly attended meeting, but we made some good
progress on work descriptions.

Meeting Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo9lZp56jkwDM1eXJRE8p__FqlAjq7qcdIi1W7hAD5Y/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo9lZp56jkwDM1eXJRE8p__FqlAjq7qcdIi1W7hAD5Y/edit?usp=sharing>

Agenda backlog for next week:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Release-Planning
<https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Release-Planning>

Regards,
Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

8/2/18

  *

    Note: Meeting call info will hopefully remain constant now forward -
    Kurt has a shiny new webex account

  *

    Attended (*) Primary company contact

        Kurt Taylor, IBM (WG lead)

        Brad Bishop, IBM

        *Sai Dasari, Facebook

        *James Mihm, Intel

        Tao Ren, Facebook (partial)

  *

    Not Attending

        Kun Yi, Google

        Maury Zipse, IBM

        *Nancy Yuen, Google

        *Dick Wilkins, Phoenix

        *Andrew Geissler, IBM

        *Ali Larijani, Microsoft

        Yugi Mani, Microsoft

  *

    Review of Agreements from previous meeting (see previous meeting
    minutes)

  *

    Very lightly attended meeting, several replied conflict meeting or
    travel

  *

    Work items spreadsheet discussion

        Scrub continuing from last week with row SSIF (30)

        Worked through the rest of the spreadsheet, improved descriptions

      o Completed first pass of descriptions/state

        Backlog: Need clarification on some items, possible duplication

  *

    Release Content

        What items are we planning on completing? And who is developing?

          +

            Backlog: Need who is working on what

        What are the requirements for these items?

        Where do we need workgroups forming for design?

        Google docs for high level design, turning into patch sets for
        approval?

          +

            Discussed using a design template, Brad mentioned that he
            was looking at templates, Kurt offered help - basis for
            google docs

  *

    Backlog: Need to move the meeting time

        Monday or Wednesday? Same time?