ast2500 reboot got stuck in timeriomem_rng_probe()

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Thu Aug 2 11:41:04 AEST 2018

Hi Tao,

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, at 02:38, Tao Ren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m upgrading facebook cmm-bmc (ast2500) from 4.1 to openbmc linux
> 4.17.2, and when I tried to reboot linux 4.17, system got stuck in
> timeriomem_rng_probe() function during boot up. Did anyone hit the
> similar issue before? What would be the recommended solution?

Can you show us your devicetree patch? The only things I can think of are
if you didn't specify the 'quality' attribute (if you don't the quality defaults
to 0, which marks the device as disabled in the hwrng device list), or if
you set a really long period (but I assume you could have sorted that out
yourself :)).

Cheers,

Andrew