Storage requirements for OpenBMC VirtualBox/Ubuntu build

Mark Brown mkbrown32 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 00:20:13 AEST 2018

From: Andrew Jeffery <andrew at aj.id.au>
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:56 PM
To: Mark Brown; Lei YU
Cc: openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org
Subject: Re: Storage requirements for OpenBMC VirtualBox/Ubuntu build

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, at 06:22, Mark Brown wrote:
> Still have not generated a clean build yet,
> in the //Windows 10//Virtualbox//Ubuntu 16.04.4// world.
>
> I have enclosed a log of the several Warnings and then the final Error,
> for someone to point out what might be wrong here.
> I turned on line numbering in my text editor and it says
> there are 630 lines in this file, so optimal commentary
> should be addressed to particular line numbers.
> Thanks.

| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_generate_static
| 32768+0 records in
| 32768+0 records out
| 33554432 bytes (34 MB, 32 MiB) copied, 0.173358 s, 194 MB/s
| dd: failed to open '/home/mark/openbmc/build/tmp/deploy/images/palmetto/u-boot.bin': No such file or directory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_generate_static (log file is located at /home/mark/openbmc/build/tmp/work/palmetto-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_generate_static.23730)
ERROR: Task (/home/mark/openbmc/meta-phosphor/common/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-image.bb:do_generate_static) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3966 tasks of which 18 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

So there's a bug in the image preparation, it could be a race condition or something more fundamental. Please open an issue against openbmc/openbmc with the log you attached and the other referenced logs  (e.g.  /home/mark/openbmc/build/tmp/work/palmetto-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_generate_static.23730). We'll continue the discussion there - it seems you've got the process right and so the issue tracker is a more appropriate place to resolve this than the mailing list.

Finally if you could link to the issue in a reply here that would close the loop nicely.

Cheers,

Andrew

What I want to know is whether it is the //Windows 10//Virtualbox//Ubuntu_16.04.4//
configuration which is contributing to these  warnings/error  or  do these warnings/error
occur when you perform builds on a   dedicated Ubuntu (14.04) system ?
Also, where are the Aspeed AST2400/AST2500 PDFs for download ?

Mark