reference platforms?

Avi Fishman avifishman70 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:32:44 AEST 2018

I am sending this on behalf of Uri Trichter, Nuvoton BMC project manager:

We suggest to consider a "manageability connector" on the Reference
Board such that every BMC SOC can test it's compatibility vs the
reference board functionality.
We understand, this doesn’t resolve the different HOST systems, but,
the focus of this group is BMC and therefore we see value in the
proposal.

In recent OCP summit,  a concept project called RunBMC presented this idea.
We analyzed RunBMC proposal and think that their functional signal
coverage is good, but the connector selected is less practical.
So, we are looking to define an SO-DIMM based edge connector that
contain similar++  functional signals in a usable form factor.

If OpenBMC form, will decide to go with a reference platform +
manageability connector on MB, we will make this specification
available for comments.