Version and Functional FRU fields for motherboard and membuf

Alexander A. Filippov a.filippov at yadro.com
Fri Apr 20 00:11:13 AEST 2018

Hello everyone,

We get a failure running the "Validate FRU Properties Fields" test
because in our system we do not have "Version" and "Functional"
properties in the following nodes:

   /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard
   /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/membuf*

However, we've examined the corresponding yaml files available in the
master branch for palmetto and witherspoon, and have not been able to
locate any mentions of those properties either.

Assuming that the aforementioned test passes for those systems, our
question is: where do those properties come from for them?

--
Alexander