Domains (was: Migration to new gerrit server is coming)

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Thu Apr 19 23:43:57 AEST 2018

03.04.2018 18:30, Andrew Geissler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:46 PM, Joel Stanley <joel at jms.id.au> wrote:
>> Do we have plans to use the gerrit.openbmc.org domain instead?
> In order to reduce what's changing with this first migration, I'll
> keep the old name but yes, Brad got me in touch with someone from the
> Linux Foundation and long term we'll be moving to something like
> gerrit.openbmc.org.
I'm kind of lost with all these domains...
I remember we have an ongoing effort to move all d-bus stuff from
org.openbmc to xyz.openbmc-project.
Now you're saying we'll be moving gerrit to openbmc.org...
What is the official domain for openbmc now?
Are we going to move the d-bus stuff back to org.openbmc now?
Personally, I would welcome that as I hate the .xyz TLD as it is
meaningless and beside that has some not very nice connotation for any
Russian speaker. I also think that short 'openbmc' is way more neat than
'openbmc-project'.
Also, as openbmc-project.xyz is owned by Patrick Williams (as well as
OpenBMC IANA PEN), and openbmc.org is owned by TLF, I'd say that we must
go with openbmc.org everywhere.
However, I'd like to know the official intention.

Alexander.