How to power on Intel x86 based CPUs

Brad Chou chou.brad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:21:19 AEST 2018

Hi,
I am going to power on my OEM server board with two Intel x86 CPUs. The BMC chip is ASPEED 2500.

By the Intel data sheets, I just need to control a power on GPIO to emulate power button behavior.
The problems are, when I send Host State Control commands as mentioned in docs/host-management.md, the journal log shows a lot of systemctl errors.

Looks like it is going to start the OpenPower related host control services, which only applies to PowerPC system.
I try to modify GPIO_CONFIGS appears in skeleton recipe to match my board, but I still got some other errors says pflash stuffs.

Because there is no documents to tell me how to customize the openbmc to fit on x86 CPUs, so I am not sure the GPIO_CONFIGS in skeleton is the right way or not.

Can somebody share your experience ?

Thanks.